Friday, January 23, 2009

会讲华文是有帮助的。。。

nothing much happening this third week at work... but i have been going out on workplace Axs with Nat alot this week... seen quite a variety of workplaces, and also two ADL reviews... Found out that day that my manager and i had a miscommunication regarding the visa... the visa that the company is willing to sponsor me on is not the one that i was looking at, and what was worse was that the visa was a temporary one, which meant that I won't be a permanent resident if i go on that visa... so that was something that kind of stressed me out that day... and then today, found out that the AFP did not receive my application, and so i had to resend my application again, and pay again, and there is nothing i could do to trace back the application and the money...

on the slightly more positive note... i received my first referral today... and the injured worker was a Mandarin speaking lady... so what happened was i had to call the worker and she did not understand me at all... so i had no choice but to speak Mandarin with her over the phone... and after the phone call... people in the office started making fun of me... but in a good way, like you know in future all the chinese speaking referrals will be given to me and i could have been saying nonsense to the worker and nobody would know... so in a way... it was quite lucky i got to use my second language in my first case... but Nat's client was abit more difficult in terms of the worker did not understand her obligations and was unwilling to participate in the workplace assessment... so i had to like apologise a million times and finally, convinced her to attend the workplace assessment next week... but bcos my mandarin was quite crappy and i did not know how to explain some technical stuff to her in chinese, nat organised for an interpreter to come that day as well... so next week should be interesting... although i really did not expect to get my first referral that fast... i was really caught unprepared...

another more positive note, nat and i went to CBA this morning for an ergonomic assessment and on the way back, we got lindt iced chocolate takeaway... oh it was so good... sometimes, i wished i was working in that area, so i could go drink it every day... haha...

so at the moment, it's the end of another week of my new job... still trying to grasp alot of info and concepts... but i kind of like the challenge of the job... but can't really fully concentrate bcos of the visa issue... so really crossing my fingers that my visa will go smoothly...

oh and Happy Chinese New Year!!! can't believe it's the year of the ox and i am turning 24... damn don't even feel like i am 24...

No comments:

WOrLd CuP FeVEr...

World Cup 2022, held in Qatar this time around, has been full of shocks and surprises... the underdogs are definitely Morroco and hopefully ...