Saturday, February 01, 2014

新年快乐。。。 龙马精神。。。 心想事成。。。HUAT AH!

1st post for Feb 2014... Welcome to the Year of the Horse :)

24th Jan- day of my flight home... not a good day all in all, starting from the the morning, suay suay it was the heaviest period flow day, and my luggage was overweight for some reason even though there were not much stuff in it, except the cheese, ham and uncle's moisturiser and wine... in the end, had to stand aside and start repacking the luggage... and the flight back on Scoot was not the best, some turbulence, the smells of the food that people were eating were all making me want to puke... and the long flight... in the end, when I finally arrived at Changi airport, had a headache and still feeling pukey, even after eating the fishball noodle that I was looking forward to... finally arrived home, unpacked and slept... unfortunately, jetlag combined with 时差... resulted in me waking up at 0400... it was actually quite windy and cool the first few days and then the heat returned :(

25th Jan- went to Redhill market to eat my long awaited chee cheong fun... the stall, auntie and uncle still looks the same, the market still looks the same, except being so crowded due to CNY... the coffeeshop did expand a little though... my chee cheong fun still looks and tastes the same... yummy :) after breakfast, did a driveby to nainai's house, although now bryan and his wife are staying there so we can't go up... after that, went home, did not do much, was looking for the soft toys ie Lumpy... went to this place for dinner that night, and had fried fish, and youtiao... the food was not that great, the only thing that was really nice was the sambal chilli that they served the fish with... in the end, we actually 打包 the chilli back home :) after that, mum and I went to Taka to join in the annual foodhall festivities... it was of course crowded with people sampling and buying CNY goodies... bought some 酸梅 for myself and got to eat fresh kueh bulu... yummy :)

26th Jan- went to whampoa market to eat breakfast and do marketing... ate my 云吞面, I have to say, the fried wanton not as nice now... and got to drink my 豆花水... that was yummy as always... went to buy the bread but they were still in the process of baking so only managed to buy a small butter bread... after that, we went to visit ah ma and met up with papa's relatives, especially 8th uncle... he's probably my fav uncle among everyone else on papa's side of relatives... he bought mang zhang kueh and hum jin bang for me... which I am sorry to say was not very nice... we decided to visit the gardens by the bay in the evening... and we were lucky cos we arrived at the same time the lighting show started, it was really pretty... too bad my camera is not the best in capturing stuff at night... only the supertrees were open though, so did not get to see the rest of the gardens...

27th Jan- went to collect my passport, now my passport number is different from my IC number, which is really annoying... cos now I have to whip out my passport everytime I need the passport number details... after that, papa and I walked towards bugis, and ate hainan chicken rice at a coffeeshop opposite the national library... the rice and chilli were really nice... and after that went to laminate my cluedo cards, and then walked abit of bugis, and went to have dessert at this really traditional looking dessert place opposite bugis junction... it was not very nice... but I got to eat my 面包夹ice cream... it was really yummy :) after that, we went to fetch mum at work and went to eat din tai feng at JEM, the new shopping centre... oh the 小笼包 was so good... 

28th Jan- went jogging in the am at lower peirce reservoir, it was quite ulu when we first arrived, but more people arrived as we were leaving... after that went to eat roti prata, yeah I know, it was pretty contradicting... after that I even stopped over to buy 豆沙饼... roti prata was not the best, but the 豆沙饼 was really nice... after that, I went to bugis junction, bugis + and village to look for the stuff for prisy and pongie... it was really crowded even though it was a weekday... after that, went to the 观音庙 to pray, then to OG to buy pillow for pongie and also bought some jogging shorts... met up with Jo at Toa Payoh for dinner in the evening... had time to walk around the place cos she was late,. it still looked the same though... we had Ya Kun Toast for dinner, and it was not very nice actually, don't understand the hype around the place... Jo is getting married in Jan 2015, happy for her, told her will try and be back for the wedding, but not sure yet at this stage though... 

29th Jan- went to Whampoa market again for breakfast and marketing, this time I ate fishball noodle cos there was such a long queue the other day, so I thought ok I will try and see if it was really nice, and in the end the vedict is that I don't think so... it tasted like all the other fishball noodles I ate, nothing very special... after that, I caught a train to chinatown, and it was so hot and getting crowded, so the whole time I was thinking to myself that I must be mad to be there at this time and weather... after that walked down to central shopping centre at clarke quay, and decided to treat myself to lunch at the blisshouse... ok I have to say the decor was really nice and something difference, but the food was crap... and the staff there probably took pity on me cos I was all by myself and took some pics for me... after that, I was pretty tired and hot already, and btw, clothing here are no longer cheap... but decided to take the free ferry ride to marine bay thinking to go see the river hongbao... when I got there, I decided it was probably not worth the heat and aching legs, so ended up going home instead... although managed to take some really good pics of the merlion, marina bay sands... met up with huimin and fran in the evening for dinner, huimin suggested having korean hotpot, so we walked from tanjong pagar mrt to chinatown, and had to queue cos it was apparently quite popular... the kimchi pancake was quite nice but the seafood hotpot was not to my liking so did not end up eating much... after that went to take some pics along chinatown, it was still quite crowded even though it was like 2200... chatted about a few things including me potentially trying out blind dates :(

30th Jan- CNY eve, went to Bukit Merah Central to eat nasi lemak, sadly it's not as nice as it used to be, dunno why but the luncheon meat tasted really weird... but I felt back and finished it all cos the auntie cooked it specially for me... after that... went home and mummy had a half day off that day, so met up with her at Boon Keng station and walked around for abit thinking that we could buy some kueh bulu but it was sold out and people were pretty much closing so in the end had macdonalds for lunch, I was looking forward to having curly fries and iced lemon tea, but the fries turned out a disappointment, even the fillet oh fish was not as good... the only yummy thing was the iced lemon tea... had our reunion dinner with ah ma and papa's youngest brother that night... I ate chee cheong fun for dinner that night, there was so much left from when papa's sister bought on sunday...to be continued :) one week down, 2 more weeks left :(

No comments:

WOrLd CuP FeVEr...

World Cup 2022, held in Qatar this time around, has been full of shocks and surprises... the underdogs are definitely Morroco and hopefully ...