Friday, February 21, 2014

回到现实。。。

11th Feb-  met up with realreal and silvana for dinner at bishan junction 8... and of course realreal is pregnant, and due in april!!! and it's a baby girl :) had subway for dinner whilst waiting for silvana... and then realreal left shortly after silvana arrived cos she was not feeling well, and silvana and I went to hunt for ice cream and chatted for quite a while... 

12th Feb- went for a haircut at boon keng station... and it felt weird to have a male hairdresser actually, touching and washing my hair... after that, went to fetch mum at work, and we went to IMM for dinner, and I had roti prata, which was really nice and fresh yummy! and sundae after... and then papa gave me a lift to buona vista where I met up with jo, huimin and fran for karaoke again at NTU... all of us agreed that 2 hours definitely not enough, we were pretty much rushing through the songs and only singing a few lines towards the end... and after sat outside and chatted for awhile... 

13th Feb- finally took a bus down to far east plaza to do some shopping, bought myself some new tops, and a bag at wisma isetan... wanted to eat long john silvers but did not manage to find an outlet eventually... met up with mum for dinner at macdonalds double fillet-o-fish yummy! and iced lemon tea! at great world city, and shopped alittle whilst waiting for dinner with Mel... went to shop at Zara, and they were having a sale, and there were quite a few nice tops, went to try them on and some I could not even fit my head through... that's how disgustingly small the sizes were :( finally met up with Mel for dinner at this gourmet pizza place, and she was still the same, pretty much spent the whole night complaining of her poor work life balance, and not having a life... although it seems like June will be a busy month but hopefully fun month as well, cos Jo, Huimin, Fran and Mel are all coming to visit that month... yay!!!

14th Feb- day of my leaving :( went out for lunch with uncle jeffrey at city square mall, decided to have lunch at seoul garden... not nice, and it definitely did not help that my stupid period decided to reappear on the day that I am leaving, sense of deja vu anyone???!!! and so I was going to the toilet multiple times, and the stupid toilet at city square mall actually regurgitated when I tried to flush and all the water spilled onto the floor... thank god it was clean water, otherwise it will not be pretty! after that, papa and I caught a bus down to orchard central for coldstone ice cream... walked around the shops there, the thing is... they have some very unique clothing stores there, but all out of my affordability range... after that, we caught a bus home, and went for dinner with mum at Nex... as expected it was so crowded, probably becos it was valentines day... i finally got to eat long john silvers, and it was such a disappointment... just did not taste nice... shopped around for abit as well... and then went home to watch some movies to pass the time... watched the wolverine movie, not very nice actually, and then moved on to this jackie chan police movie, and I fell asleep about 1/4 into the show... oh and received an email in the afternoon saying that my flight was delayed for 2 hours hence we left the house at approx 0130, and then when we were on the way to the airport, received another email saying that the flight was further delayed by an hour, but there was no way we could have turned around to go home, so we ended up checking in really early, had macdonalds again for supper, and just sat around the airport... finally it was time to say goodbye, felt really stoned, and did not realise that I should not fill my water bottle prior to checking into the waiting lounge, hence I ended up having to finish a whole bottle of water... and having to go to the toilet approx 10 times in the first few hours of the flight... and to make things worse, there was a medical emergency mid flight, and they were calling for any medical personnel... and then received an annoucement saying that the plane had to be re-routed to Perth to unload this passenger for medical treatment... so we landed in Perth, but not allowed to get out of the plane, not even allowed to stand up and stretch really... and we were there for almost an hour before taking off again for Sydney... and so by the time I finally landed I had probably spent approx 12 hours flying... could not really sleep well either cos of the general airsickness (although I did not take the ginger tablets cos I was so bloated from all that water), and this stupid person in front of me again tilting his chair so far backwards, and having a person sit next to me... and occasional turbulence... finally arrived in Sydney at approx 2000 on sat night, had to queue up for quite awhile at customs, but thank god I went straight through quarantine... so finally got back home, showered and had a good sleep... unpacked the following day, went for dinner with auntie and them at this chinese restaurant at chatswood which was not very nice at all... and it's back to work :(

1st day back at work... of course everyone who knew I was on leave started asking abt my hols, how was it, how does it feel to be back etc... and apparently found out through Kara, that during the 3 weeks I was away, MRT only had like 1 pt a week, man that would kill me... the new PT Rachel seemed ok, but probably alittle inexperienced? John stayed for another 6 months, which is good and that he would be solely looking after MRT pts in addition to supervising the new regs, and clinics... 2 new grads started in the acute office, and Andrew moved to rehab to help out... wonder what's going to happen in rehab when nicole goes off on maternity leave in march?? Rennie actually scared me when he msged me saying that I would have to do lymphoedema... which got me thinking that I might have to go back to cancercare to cover for Kate when she leaves, no freaking way!!! I will resign if I have to wait with the evil person for another day :( did not get to see you know who until wednesday when it was pouring so heavily in the afternoon, waved at a distance, and the following morning, but yet to speak...  its not avoidance is it??? what did I do?? so now, survived the first week back at work, and truly it felt like I have always been at work, what holidays??!!! I am already looking forward to easter and June and our planned roadtrip...

No comments:

WOrLd CuP FeVEr...

World Cup 2022, held in Qatar this time around, has been full of shocks and surprises... the underdogs are definitely Morroco and hopefully ...