Wednesday, October 01, 2008

冒冷汗。。。

yesterday had one of the biggest scares of my life... my computer crashed and it was not even my fault... what happened was this windows update came and i thought ok i am going to update it like i always do, when there is a new update notification... and then for some reason, the whole system crashed and i could not get into windows... and i did not even back up my stuff since last week... so i got really panicked, thank god uncle was here to fix it and he had to re-install everything for me again, and i lost all the programs which i downloaded, but luckily, i had the external hard disk to back up all my stuff, otherwise i really will go kill myself... cos my honours stuff will all be gone... so thank god for the advice which annie gave at the beginning of the year to back up all my stuff, and thank god i bought the hard drive...

therefore, lessons learnt- 1) ALWAYS back up your impt stuff... 2) be CAUTIOUS when they tell you that you have a windows update especially the one where they tell you to upgrade to windows xp service pack 3... who knew that you have to disable your anitvirus program before starting the update? anyway... i have definitely learnt my lesson, i will be more careful from now on...

so the advice of the day is... BACKUP, BACKUP, and BACKUP!
oh and can you believe its' the 1st of october already??!! crap...

No comments:

WOrLd CuP FeVEr...

World Cup 2022, held in Qatar this time around, has been full of shocks and surprises... the underdogs are definitely Morroco and hopefully ...