Saturday, March 17, 2007

DaY 2 oF PP3A...

Day 2- 13 March

This morning was yet again another shitty morning… bcos my dear friend who’s on placement with me offered me a lift… but the traffic was so bad outside that I waited like half an hour for him outside in the cold… I am so lucky that I have not fallen sick… two days in a row in the cold waiting… anyway, I am not saying it’s his fault, cos he was nice enough to give me lifts to and from northcott… very lucky that he has a car and lives near me…

Anyway, we just made it there on time cos I have a meeting with the team but some pple on the team were late so we only started at 930am… the meeting was basically just abt the general things going on in the team, so I just sat there and listen and of course the main thing to remember is to LOOK INTERESTED!!! Even though you feel like sleeping…
And then bcos my supervisor has a presentation on a conference which she attended in the US on spinal cord injuries, she asked me to help her do some binding for the stuff that she was planning to give out… and so I ended up doing binding for two whole hours… I never did know binding was actually not easy at all… and bcos I think the transparency was too flimsy, the binding machine could not punch properly and it came out crappy… I was like shit, why is this so difficult??!! and then I had to stop halfway bcos our team had to go for lunch cos one of the team members came back from pregnancy leave… and we went to a café in parramatta park and the food there was so expensive that I did not really feel like spending so much on lunch… so I ordered hot chips and it was so salty that I did not finish it… and then back to the office where I continued binding, and after we went for the presentation… and it was actually quite boring, cos I did not understand half the stuff she was saying and it was really dry… but of course, we always have to keep in mind the golden rule when you are on clinical: APPEAR INTERESTED!!
So after the presentation, we went back to do some reading and amy (my supervisor) came and told us to help her with some stuff… so we went down to the store to “steal” two wheelchairs to prepare for the in service meeting tomorrow, and we got to try out the wheelchairs, and it was my first time doing a wheelie… in case you dun know, which I initially also dun, a wheelie is where you have to grab the wheels and lean back as far as possible on the wheelchair and push the wheels forward quickly, so that the front castors lift up and you are tilting backwards… and it was really scary even though amy was actually the one tilting the wheelchair back behind me… it really is difficult… I can’t imagine how the pple in wheelchairs do these things… what happens to those who really cannot do??!!

No comments:

WOrLd CuP FeVEr...

World Cup 2022, held in Qatar this time around, has been full of shocks and surprises... the underdogs are definitely Morroco and hopefully ...