Wednesday, November 14, 2012

忍气吞声...

I am going to use this post to rant... 

day before, Dawn happened to see the handover templates that I have been using since I started MRT, and made a big fuss over why I am keeping confidential stuff, should not be taking pts' confidential info around in my folder or leaving it around, which seriously, everyone in the office does that, like everyone has pts' files on their tables anyway, which is annoyingly ridiculous, and me having to justify why I am doing it, and the fact that she does not have to abide by the dept's policy around the clinical handover and having to do audits every month, means that I can't be writing down pts' confidential info and carrying it around and keeping it... it sounded so ridiculous and inefficient, bcos she actually suggested that if I were to need some pt's info on the file, I should just refer back to the file, which obviously she has not done alot of handovers before, bcos the pts and their files move with them, so unless you are willing to go tracking them down to find their files, which again sounded so stupid, just the fact that she actually said that and the fact that I had to justify the use of the templates made me so mad that day... I seriously thought of leaving the place that day... and had to keep reminding myself to think of the big picture and my own future... and at least stay there till I am confident in my lymphoedema skills first before leaving... 

and then today, she had to present on our roles in cancercare to a group of community OTs, and she made a comment which really annoyed me again... she was talking about mindfulness, and how I did not take the sultana during Kate and her presentation a while ago, and by some miracle, and those were her words, I actually managed to sneak into cancercare... which further cemented the fact that she was the one who strongly opposed me going to cancercare in the first place and went to say this to the manager, whom of course, in turn mentioned it to Karen, which on hindsight, I probably should not have mentioned this back to Dawn during supervision that day... and it is so obvious that she strongly wants Kate there, not me and that she has previously said to me that she worked better with Kate... 

all I can say and do is patience and breathe Andrea think of the big picture and your career... just endure until mid next year hopefully, when I finished the lymphoedema training and had some experience actually treating pts with lymphoedema then it's anneong!!!! unfortunately until that happens, I will just have to 忍气吞声... and with her, the other issue is that you never know whether she is kidding or being serious, which Kate did mention before... and from the way Kate was talking about her and cancercare previously, it really did sound like she had a difficult time with Dawn too, but obviously not, cos the 2 of them appeared to be pretty close, from what I can see... 

the other relatively good news is that I finally received my registration, with no conditions YAY! big sigh of relief... and I don't have to pay the additional renewal fee... thank goodness this one stress is over, after 8 months...

I have also booked our flights to NZ in April 2013, and we will be joining a tour for 9 days both north and south islands... only pong and I are going this time... looking forward to this, dunno if I will have the opportunity to go back home next year, if I am going to start looking  for a new job...

No comments:

WOrLd CuP FeVEr...

World Cup 2022, held in Qatar this time around, has been full of shocks and surprises... the underdogs are definitely Morroco and hopefully ...