Wednesday, January 18, 2012

回到现实。。。

11 Jan 2011... mum had a day off work so we went to city square mall for lunch, they did not have any of the set meals which I wanted hence ended up not eating at the jap place at all... after that, dropped nainai back home and went to katong's new shopping mall to buy our movie tickets for flying swords... walked around parkway parade shopping centre for awhile and had mos burger, have to say that I preferred macdonalds still... also bought famous amos to eat in the theatres... the movie was only ok, too much cgi and not enough real kungfu fighting... but it was good to see some of the female characters acting in unusual roles... overall I would probably rate the movie 5/10...

after that, drove to bugis to eat dinner, ate at the hawker centre, and despite it being a weekday and hot, there was still lots of people... proceeded to OG to buy a new luggage... and I finally got to eat my mian bao jia ice cream...

12 Jan 2011... went to shop around orchard central, 313, ate lunch at din tai feng, only had the xiao long baos and they were so yummy, after that, went to eat long john silver's... and walked around at taka and daiso at ion... wanted to go to city hall for more shopping, but ended up going back home cos I was getting sleepy... went to meet up with zhenzhen for dinner at bishan that evening...

13 Jan 2011... went to karaoke at chinatown kbox with pong... it was approx $14 per person, including one drink and lunch, for 3 hours... cheaper than partyworld though and the room was quite nice... probably bcos it's still new... after that, met up with papa for lunch at raffles city, had xiao long bao again at din tai feng... this time it was not as yummy as the one at 313... after that, tried the new milkshake store... and it was actually quite nice as well... after that, we walked to citylink, bought some hersheys choc, and I have to say they are not cheap at all... walked to the esplanade, wanting to walk to the merlion, but it was too hot and my feet were killing me, wearing the white heels... so ended up having a short nap at the esplanade, then proceeded back to marina square, did not even get to the singapore flyer cos I wanted to check out the food court there, apparently the decorations are olden style... went to have dessert at macdonalds... then took a train to bugis for the class gathering... when I got there, my whole body was already aching, and saw gladys and wanying there already at iluma's aston's, I thought the food was only average, not as good as people have been saying, but there were still queues when we left... chatted for awhile and as time went by, people starting appearing, and most of the gathering's topics were around what is people in our class doing now... who's married, who's getting married and who has had a baby... everyone pretty much looked the same despite it being an 11 years reunion... is that good or bad??? proceeded to nydc for dessert, did not like the drink I ordered, some elephancino drink which tasted really weird... jo had to go back first cos she was really sick, and I thought I probably passed my cold on to her... by the time we left bugis, it was already 11pm, and still the bus was so crowded... urgghh... I was exhausted by the time I got home and my body was aching everywhere...

14 Jan 2011... did not do too much, stayed home and helped mum with the pineapple tarts, they were really painful to make I have to say... urrghhh... once is enough... and then papa came home and had his eye problems, could not open his eyes for some reason, and both eyes were red and swollen... so in the end, had to cancel dinner with uncle jeffrey, was meant to go eat the you zheng yu... stayed till late to watch this HK drama which has charmaine sheh and raymond lam... called sister eternal flower... it was ok, not a show I would be repeating... packed my luggage, and it is always so stressful packing, bcos I did not think I had lots of stuff and I did not even buy any clothing, but ended up with so much stuff to bring back...

15 Jan 2011... back to sydney... had to wake up early to get to sengkang for piyo's morning ceremony... was on the way to the busstop when I realised that I could not see anything out of my left eye, and then realised that the contact lenses must have fallen out... so had to go back home, removed the right one and put on glasses instead... hence got there late, took some pics with piyo, she looked really nice btw... and the 'jie mei's started their games when the groom and his gang arrived... took alot of videos and pics... stayed to chat in piyo's house after they left, kind of awkward initially, cos piyo was not there... but her family were really nice, and her niece was so cute, she is 6 years old and could actually use youtube and likes watching korean MVs, like SNSD... piyo's older sister really looks like her... they even sounded the same... after that, took a long time to go home cos I did not want to walk back to the station from her house in my heels... so caught a bus to the station and the bus ended up taking a big loop around sengkang before arriving at the interchange... finished watching the HK drama, had a nap and it was already time to shower, change and head out for dinner at lao ba sha... had stingray (not nice), satay (only ok), tie ban doufu and rice... and headed for the airport after... walked around alittle, took some pics, sat around at the viewing gallery, not that you could see anything there... becos of the reflection... and it was time to depart... always sad to leave, but did not cry this time... the thing that I was most disappointed abt was friends not bothering to make time to meet up, despite being away for so long and promises to meet up when I am back... well, can't really keep hounding them...

the flight back to sydney... full flight, and there was no space to store my hand held bag, had to store it in the back... first time sitting on the upper deck of the A380... pretty much where the wings of the plane are... I felt sick already once I am on board... since then, it went downhill, pretty much slept the whole way... did not even watch the movies or eat, and the nausea came on once I smelt the food around me... and we were almost arriving when the announcement came that the flight was delayed as the airport was too busy and there was nowhere for us to land so our plane was circling around for like 30mins before landing... and it was so turbulent during the landing, I really felt like throwing up and I have not felt like that since the cairns trip last year... anyway the flight back was really shitty... finally left the plane and luckily the customs were not that bad and I was so lucky that I cleared quarantine too, did not even open my bags to check, all that worrying and stress... arrived back at freycinet close and everything was the same, like I never left, even work too... is that sad??

found out today that collette would be my new supervisor, instead of deanna, I have nothing against collette, but I would not have chosen her for my supervisor... anyway, not that I could change anything now, we'll just have to wait and see how it goes over the next few months... people are leaving all at once, collette (will only be here for one day/week for 4 hours), Karen, Laura and Nicole going on maternity leave... and Kristen's pregnant, Jenny's leaving for the community... there's going to be a few new faces around the place over the next few months...

I can't remember if I blogged this... but the last day of work on xmas eve eve was horrible... there was so much to do, handover to be done, stats to be done, and had to leave off stats in the end, cos it was already 1830... when I came back on tuesday, had to finish them off... and also, something really weird happened on the last day of work that day, was so stressed trying to finish up all the work, when ren came up to me, handed me this blue paper... opened it and there were like pic cards of korean idols in there, but people that I don't really know off... my first thought was ren was playing a trick on me again... he insisted that it was not him and even wrote my name down trying to prove that it was not his handwriting on the paper... anyway, I did not have the time nor the mood to engage in this prank at that time, hence kept it away... now that I am back, I am waiting for an opportunity to find out who the person was... cos the only other person who knows I am obsessed abt korean stuff is charlie, otherwise this is all a huge prank thought up by the 'gossip guys'...

the weather was hot when I left home and when I arrived back in sydney, it's now back to being hot again after I was told that it has been mostly raining over the hols'... disgusting...

No comments:

WOrLd CuP FeVEr...

World Cup 2022, held in Qatar this time around, has been full of shocks and surprises... the underdogs are definitely Morroco and hopefully ...