Wednesday, May 07, 2014

HapPEniNG ALL aT ONCe...

work is still very hectic, up until yesterday, I had 12 patients... and it seems that everything is happening this week. Had my first ever guardianship hearing today, it went for 2 hours and I actually was 'sabo'ed by dear old SW on the East block to speak during the hearing and having to answer some challenging questions, damn her! nevertheless, told myself that it was a good learning experience at the end of the day, and the outcome was what we wanted... the bad news is... I will still have to remain involved until the patient is d/c at this stage...oh and Jamila told me that they are no longer advertising for the senior position in rehab now, now that Jo is apparently returning from maternity leave in June and Deanna seems to be basing herself in rehab nowadays... anyway, at this stage, I don't really care, other than the fact that I wasted time working on my application for that stupid expression of interest... hoping to get the job at mona vale or maybe the one at westmead private, we'll see...

received an email yesterday advising that I have been given an opportunity for an interview for the level 1/2 position at mona vale, unfortunately, they did not give very much notice and basically said the interview is happening the day after, which I am not able to just drop everything and take leave, so I was given the option of a phone interview instead, which I took, but now, the manager still did not confirm whether we are going ahead with the phone interview tomorrow, which means that I have to ring her up tomorrow to find out, so irritating... 

my goalsetting inservice is finally here on friday, hopefully everything will go well... will update again... did not get to do a practice run like karen and I spoke about during supervision, but we'll see... bought some choc for reward which is a bribe actually, for people at the inservice to be nice and not ask so many questions (and yes, I am referring to the consultants and Dr Chu, in particular)... 

it's freezing cold nowadays in the mornings and at night, I had to take both my work and outing jacket and coat out this year...

No comments:

WOrLd CuP FeVEr...

World Cup 2022, held in Qatar this time around, has been full of shocks and surprises... the underdogs are definitely Morroco and hopefully ...