Sunday, October 13, 2013

LEt'S All be KiASU...

nothing much very exciting happened the last 2 weeks, finally the Singapore Day which we were all looking forward to came and went... it was boiling hot yesterday, not much shade, good thing was the food and drinks were really free, although there were massive queues for the most of the stuff there, I was so shitty about the fact that I should have gone to queue for the chai tau kueh first before the nasi lemak, although the nasi lemak was really good, went to queue for it twice... had old chang kee, satay which was disappointing, stingray which was yummy even though the weather was not the best time to eat that... by the end of the day, most of the food was sold out, except chicken rice, so I decided to go queue for it... when it was almost my turn, was told that they had run out of chicken rice, I was fuming, the rice was the only reason I queued half an hour... the various stalls were also quite nice, and of course, the goodie bags... the number of singaporeans in sydney actually surprised me, there were alot of young people... we pretty much stayed for the whole thing... although the live entertainment and singing was probably the other disappointing thing... I actually took a photo with Dr Teo Chee Hean, our deputy prime minister, which was news to me yesterday!

nainai and uncles Jeffrey and David are visiting in Nov... this should be interesting... finally confirmed my flights back home in Jan... will be there for 3 weeks, unfortunately nainai and pongie will be here in sydney though... oh well...still watching the drama I hear your voice... for some reason, despite the good reviews and high ratings, the show is not really appealing to me to the point that I am rushing to finish it and staying up late to watch it... but I am also watching another drama, The Master's Sun... read disappointing reviews about the idol drama THe Heirs, same old BOys over Flowers plotline... 

workwise, learnt some surprising news over the last week... Nicole is pregnant again with her 3rd child, Ivy is also pregnant again with her 2nd, and Jenny's contract ends in Dec, I was actually pleased about that, and crossing my fingers that they don't extend her contract... Mat, Millie and Kate C are leaving in end Jan... Sarah C left on Friday for Westmead as well... and Alex apparently will be having some shoulder surgery next week so will probably be off for some time as well... so it looks like the dept is back to being short of staff again... and Deanna told me that she is no longer my supervisor and Karen is... still deciding how to react and feel about that... otherwise, countdown to Nov ongoing... really dreading it for a few reasons...

No comments:

WOrLd CuP FeVEr...

World Cup 2022, held in Qatar this time around, has been full of shocks and surprises... the underdogs are definitely Morroco and hopefully ...