Tuesday, February 26, 2013

7 Days of LymPHoeDeMA BOoTCAmp...

finally survived lymphoedema bootcamp! it has been a very tough week, and alot of sweat and late nights, and even though I passed, cos they have to pass us, dunno if I actually am competent in both theory and practical, and even the tutor said she was worried that I may not pass... I have to say the things that really helped were having really patient tutors, and I have been very lucky in that my partners every session have been very helpful and I have learnt alot from them... I still would not say that I am confident seeing patients on my own immediately... and one of the shitty things was that my period had to come on sunday, which meant that I have to inform the tutors and my partners, which was pretty embarrassing even though all of us were females... 

anyway, despite having a really tough week (ie full on days, homework and practice at night, late nights studying, having to strip off pretty much every day, alot of sweat involved during bandaging), I am glad that I did the course, cos I did learn new things from it, and increased my skills and knowledge and got me thinking about possibly working in burns if the opportunity arises in future... although noted that there are only 2 hospitals in nsw that have burns unit, concord and royal north shore... 

and I am soo glad that I have the day off tomorrow, cos I don't think I have the energy to return to work immediately... and made a new friend from the course as well...

No comments:

WOrLd CuP FeVEr...

World Cup 2022, held in Qatar this time around, has been full of shocks and surprises... the underdogs are definitely Morroco and hopefully ...