Monday, October 24, 2011

thank GOD and my LUcKy STArs...

work wise... we've been quite busy last week, as there was only 3 of us instead of 4... and I was told that I have not been managing my caseload very well... but after talking it through with deanna and collette, I am gradually finding my pace and knowing what to do and what not to do... there is ALOT of toileting assessments, practically one for every patient I see...

saw zhenzhen's wedding pics posted on facebook, it looked really grand and she looked really nice in her wedding dress and her other change of dress... can't believe she's married... congratulations to her again...

decided to organise a gathering at my place in Jan 2012 when I am back home... invited approx 20 people and nobody except jo and fran replied... I have even thought of the games we would be playing... so I am crossing my fingers and toes hoping that most if not all of them could come... it would be really fun I think...

went to the city on sat for karaoke and for lunch... went to pancakes on the rocks for lunch... the food was not that great so don't know what the hype is all about... after karaoke, we were walking back to the car when we passed by this new korean cafe and saw the ad saying 20% of the price of kpop concert tix, so I decided that this is a sign and decided to buy the silver seats... so now it's confirmed, pong and I are going to the kpop concert on 12 Nov... yay!!! now I have to think of transport options...

sunday... steve turnbull invited us to trial his self inflatable kayak he bought... so we drove to narrabeen lake and the weather was really good and the lake was not that dirty... so we all had a go on his kayak and swam for a little while... the thing I do not like about going to places like this are that there are no change facilities and nowhere to wash off... so we had to improvise and pretty much change in public and use towels to dry and change... we decided to have korean bbq at eastwood... and I fell asleep on the return journey...

the next thing I heard was Steve exclaiming "oh shit", followed by prisy's exclamation of "shit" and something smashing into my side of the car and glass shattering... I immediately covered my face and head and turned towards the right... when I opened my eyes, all I saw was steve already out of the car, glass shards everywhere, the window on the passenger side was non-existent, but we were all ok, except for a really sore left shoulder for me... I was still trying to process what just happened... when someone peered into the car and asked if we were ok and if an ambulance was required... I was alright except for the left shoulder but didn't think any bones were broken so we said no... prisy then said she could not open her side of the door, and steve's car was a two door car... prisy then said to open steve's side of the car door and we got out of the car one at a time... walked over to the other side of the car and saw the damage done to steve's car and it then hit me that we have just been hit by another car and that steve's car looks undriveable... the family of the house which we pulled over at apparently witnessed the while incident and rang for the tow truck driver, and someone apparently rang the police as well... saw the driver and passengers of the car which hit us... all youngsters... their car appeared to have hardly any damage from where I was standing... the tow tuck people came approx 10mins later followed by the police... took down statements and verified our identities and that was pretty much it... steve went with the car in the tow truck and we had to call for a taxi to drive us back to his house where auris was... damn taxis are sooo expensive... but we had no other choice... luckily we were near eastwood and not at narrabeen... arrived at steve's house, collected auris and prisy drove us home cos my shoulder was sore... prisy had cuts on her legs and her left arm was sore, pong hit her head, shoulder and back, christine could not turn her neck... but thankfully nothing major... once we got home, dumped everything in the washing machine, took turns showering, prayed, rang mum and papa to tell them of the incident and that we are ok... and decided to make our way to castle towers medical centre... I wanted to get a referral to get an xray done to make sure that nothing was broken... when we got there, we were told that there was no doctors available... so I decided to take a day off today to see the doctor...

so apparently what happened was... we were driving along blaxland road on the outer lane... the car which was hit us was apparently coming out of the driveway and wanting to turn right onto the opposite direction, so the driver must have seen that there was no oncoming traffic on the opposite side of the road and decided to accelerate out to turn right, without noticing that steve's car was coming towards him on his side of the road... and his car pretty much accelerated into the left side of us... apparently steve saw the car coming out of the driveway, but we have the right of way hence the other driver had to give way to us... but obviously that did not happen and steve tried to turn the car towards the right but there was not much of maneuvring space as we were on the outer lane already... and it was too late... the left side of his car was hit straight on by the other car which was accelerating...

went with pong to see the doctor today, she recommended that I take painkillers and apply heat and ice packs for now, no need for scans unless the soreness does not subside over the next few days and gave me 2 days off work... pretty much the same thing for pong, I was more worried about her head but apparently that has settled since... so now here I am blogging away, have today and tomorrow off work, which in normal circumstances would be really good, but definitely not like this... my shoulder is still quite sore if I move it, but otherwise it's alright... the doctor also found a bruise on the left side of my neck, from the seatbelt... which I did not even notice, cos it was not painful or sore at all... but quite obvious now that I know it's there...

was thinking about the incident just before I slept yesterday... was alittle scared of driving following the incident yesterday... could still feel the impact of the car smashing into our side... the shock of something like this happening... so thankful that all of us were not seriously injured, thanks to steve, his car taking most of the impact, also thought of the fact that the glass shards did not cut our face or our eyes... was also thankful that I did not see the incident happening, whereas pong and prisy apparently saw it happening... I would be more afraid of driving if I actually saw it happening... I am also more cautious now when I drove today...

lessons learnt: when mum tells us to pray before leaving the house, like yesterday, do it... and be extra careful when driving, you never know, there are all sorts of stupid idiots on the road...

No comments:

WOrLd CuP FeVEr...

World Cup 2022, held in Qatar this time around, has been full of shocks and surprises... the underdogs are definitely Morroco and hopefully ...